Get a chair that is fully adjustable in seat height, seat depth and backrest height. First, adjust the seat height to the knee-level of the child. Then, adjust the seat depth to approximately the length of the child thighs such that when she is seated her back is supported by the backrest and there is 3-4cm gap between the edge of the seat and the inner knee. Finally, adjust the backrest to the level to support the lumbar region of the child’s back.
- Feet are flat on the floor
- Calves are vertical and thighs are horizontal to the floor
- Hips are flush against the back of the seat
- Arms are comfortably resting on the desktop without stretching
- Shoulders are in a relaxed posture
- Backrest adapts to the back and support the lumbar region